Peevish

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Doing Dinner, DS-style

Me and my girls, Dawn & Crystal, are going out on the town to do dinner, DS style. DS stands for Duodenal Switch, which is the kind of weight loss surgery we've all had. Dawn & Crystal had the regular gastric bypass first (the RNY - like Al Roker, Carnie Wilson, and Starr Jones), had bad experiences, and got revised to the DS. Me, I believe in doing things right the first time, so I'm a virgin DSer.

Ha ha, I said virgin.

What does this mean for our dinner? Are we going to be picking at miniscule portions of salad? Excusing ourselves to be sick? Taking one or two bites and pushing away our plates because we're full?

Hellz naw! We had the DS!

We're heading to a sports bar, so's we can watch the playoff games (and see if my buddy Hube knows his shit - which he undoubtedly does) and eat some red meat. I'm probably going to have potato skins, followed by ribs (so yeah, ok, it's pork, which is technically the "other" white meat, but the BBQ sauce is red, dammit), and have some Fried Cheesecake for dessert. There will be no miniscule portions, and the only one at the table eating salad will likely be the WCM. He's a sucker for an all-you-can-eat salad bar (because he eats a lot and always "gets his money's worth.").

I can't wait to see my girls! Crystal's from Staten Island and has the thickest Nooo Yawk accent I've ever heard. She's also the only one other than the WCM that can use the word "fuck" in every single part of speech. She's creative, that one, and gorgeous to boot.

Dawn's originally from South Jersey, but lives in Texas now. She's got an opinion on everything, but is so sweet about delivering it that you can't hardly take offense. She keeps it real, but still keeps it compassionate. And she's smokin' hot for all of her 50+ years. I have a friend that has a real thing for older women - he'd be gaga for Dawn.

I've said it other places, but I'll say it here - if you're here from the DS support board or from Oh Aych and you're ever in my small town and want to have lunch, you just let me know. Sharon, this goes double for you!! (and girlfriend? Hube has your boys down to lose tomorrow...)

4 Comments:

  • Shee-it. I sure didn't know my stuff with regards to that Jags pick! But hey, it's easy to always go with the faves, right?

    By Blogger Hube, At 10:48 AM  

  • Yeah, and the Colts?! I'm so pissed that my boy Peyton didn't win. If Eli doesn't pull through tonight, I'm gonna be doubly pissed.

    And I admire your ability to go out on the limb. Publicly.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:06 PM  

  • Eli wins! Now THAT was a helluva pick on my part. I picked the Giants 21-20 (they won 21-17) and NOBODY I saw had picked the Giants.

    By Blogger Hube, At 8:49 PM  

  • Yes, yes it was a hell of a pick. Dude, you rock. Thank God one of my Manning boys won!

    Shoot, I might start listening to Jessica Simpson now...

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home