Peevish

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Wow!

So I'm 18.5 months out of surgery, right? I don't expect many Wow Moments now, because I've been holding pretty steady at just where I want to be.

(Ok, I wouldn't complain if I lost another 6-8 pounds and got to exactly half of my starting weight, but I'm not killing myself to get there if you know what I mean).

Anyway, the WCM and I were at Costco tonight after dinner (woo woo, a big Saturday night - not!), and they had some Levi's jeans on sale - stretch midrise bootcut - for $17.49. I normally buy my jeans at the GAP (stretch midrise "Authentic" straight leg) for $50, so I figured "Hey! A deal!" and started pawing through the pile of jeans, looking for a 4 S (S for Short, 'cause I'm shrimpy).

The WCM wanders over and begins to help me. Found a 4M (medium, so a little long for me, but I figure I'll wear 'em with heels). He says "there aren't many 4s are there?" I glance at the sign for the jeans and note that they carry sizes 4-14. So my first WOW of the evening is that I was wearing the smallest size available for those jeans.

Second WOW? I tried them on, they fit beautifully, but I was a bit unsure about the bootcut. So I put on my high heeled boots under them and walked downstairs to get DH's opinion. He said "They look great. Make your legs look really slender. Hot stuff."

MY husband said this. My non-demonstrative, strong-silent-type, gruff husband said this. That's like sonnets and chocolates and flowers and diamonds tied up with platinum bows and sung by a choir of angels from anyone else.

So, for today - and today only - I think I'll keep him. I'm sure he'll be back to his regular old pain-in-the-ass self tomorrow. But tonight? He gave me one memorable, fantastic WOW.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Size four? DAMN.

    By Blogger Melting Mama, At 8:48 AM  

  • I know, right? And the thing is, because of bodies being different and such, my current weight is only about 5 pounds less than yours. I know yours, of course, because I'm a stalker ;-)

    Frankly, I never envisioned a size 4 - especially when I started this whole WLS thing wearing a size 24. Bizarre.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home