Peevish

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

American Idol

When Paula Abdul goes hard on you, you're pretty much fucked. So far, about halfway through, there were a couple of really regrettable performances.

I didn't jump on the Idol train for a couple of seasons - took me until Season 4 (the Carrie Underwood season) to get me to watch it. I can feel the excitement waning in my house now - the WCM will no longer watch with me. Not a big deal, though, as we have a lot of separate interests. He's been plucking my nerves recently, so I'm more than happy that his ass is upstairs watching Andrew Zimmern eat some bizarre crap while I'm planted smack-dab in front of the giant box, listening to contestants make some really, er, interesting song choices.

I like the new judge - Kara - so far. I think she provides what Paula was meant to give - a meaningful feminine perspective. However, this woman is two things that Paula is not: competent and cogent. Ooh, I take that back - three things: competent, cogent, and coherent.

Oh, and memo to a friend of mine - one of the contestants is named Brent Keith. He's from Ohio. He doesn't sing musicals, though. He's a country singer. Freaky, eh?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Little Paula Abdul.. I remember her when she had the nose of a pug and those jaysus awful ginger mis-matched pigtails.
    Her mammy had the foulest breath in Glasgow. It was rumoured that on a bad day she could knock a buzzard off a shit cart at twenty paces.

    No wait.. I'm thinking of Pauline Abdul. Her mammy had the kosher butchers next door to the dirty book shop in Cumbernauld.

    Easy mistake to make, I guess.

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home