Peevish

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Meme time, again!

Lifted from Dooce.

What are your middle names?
My middle name is Hope. The WCM's is Barry.

How long have you been together?
We've been married eighteen and a half years, together for twenty.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About two minutes. Or at least it seems that way now. Between our first glimpse of each other and our first actual date was about a month and a half.

Who asked whom out?
He asked me.

How old are each of you?
I'm 38, he's 44. That age difference was a serious issue when we first met - my father FREAKED!!!

Whose siblings do you see the most?
The WCM's. I have one brother, and I see him rarely, as rarely is when he's sober.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
The division of labor in our household, as evidenced by yesterday's post. The WCM's parents were old, and consequently, Old School. He never did anything for himself, and I married him too young to know that I should stand up for myself early and not start doing anything for him that I wasn't prepared to keep doing for him. Getting the man to pick up his own shit is harder than getting Miss Peanut to do the same chore.

Did you go to the same school?
We both graduated from UD. He got a BS in Biology in 1986, I got a BA in French Education in 1992 and a MA in Foreign Languages and Literatures (French) in 1996.

Are you from the same home town?
Sort of. I grew up here, but I was born in a neighboring state. The WCM is from here and has never lived anywhere else.

Who is smarter?
Hah! We're opposite sides of the same coin here - he's more science and math, and I'm more arts and humanities. Our intelligence level is about the same.

Who is the most sensitive?
Definitely me. I'm moody.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
There's a neat Thai restaurant close to us called Sweet Basil that I absolutely adore. I try to get the WCM there as much as I can.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
California. Although, if we're still married next year, the plan is to go to London.

Who has the craziest exes?
I guess he does, although I've never heard anything about them.

Who has the worst temper?
Hands down, the WCM. He has the foulest temper and has broken more objects in our house as a result of that temper than I can count. I've learned two things, though - one, if he breaks anything, it gets replaced by a far more expensive model out of his pocket, and two, if I get all up in his face with equal noise and fury, he'll back off and STFU. Since I'm basically non-confrontational, it took me years to figure that out.

Who does the cooking?
Me. Every goddamn day. Except Saturdays.

Who is the neat-freak?

Hahahahaa. That's a good one. Nobody is. I have a "dirt problem," remember?

Who is more stubborn?
He is. Although I can hold a grudge longer than anyone I know.

Who hogs the bed?
He does. Although it's usually in the name of snuggling.

Who wakes up earlier?
The WCM. He's an annoyingly perky morning person.

Where was your first date?
We watched a movie at his house - The Holy Grail. One of our favorites.

Who is more jealous?
He is, by a mile.

How long did it take to get serious?
Not long at all. We were engaged after four months, and the only reason we weren't married until a year after that is because I wanted to dispel all of those nasty pregnancy rumors. Bitches were trippin' about the early engagement!

Who eats more?
He does, now. I think there was a time when I out-ate him, though.

Who does the laundry?
C'mon, didn't we just go over that whole division of labor thing? I do, of course.

Who's better with the computer?
Once again, opposite sides of the same coin - he's better with hardware, I'm better with software.

Who drives when you are together?
He does, most of the time, unless we are taking my car. Then I drive. Because it's my car.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • "...Who is the most sensitive?
    Definitely me. I'm moody."

    Sensitive.. You?

    Now you are having a bit of an oul laugh.

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home