Peevish

Sunday, March 01, 2009

One of the Stupidest Things I've Ever Done...

...is not what you're thinking.

One of the stupidest things I've ever done is learn to make microwave cake in a cup. Now, I am no more than 5 minutes away from cake at any given time. Goddammit.

So of course, I feel honor-bound to share this recipe with you. But, be warned - you must love chocolate.

Get a large mug (beaker to you Brits) - the bigger the better - and a fork for mixing. Then find your measuring teaspoon.

Into your mug, measure 2 Tablespoons of All Purpose Flour, 6 Tablespoons of Sugar, and 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa. Stir 'em up just to get the lumps out.

Then, add a splash of vanilla, 1 egg, 3 Tablespoons of oil (I used Canola, since it's got no flavor), and 3 Tablespoons of milk. Mix this all up until it's amalgamated and smooth. It should have a stiffish brownie batter consistency. (Nom, nom, nom!)

Then, for the coup de grace, throw in a handful of chocolate chips and give it a very cavalier stir. You don't want them all falling to the bottom of the cup, so be a lazy person and half-ass it. Pitch the fork into the sink and bung the cup into the microwave for 4 minutes on high.

Let the cake sit for about 2 minutes before tipping it out onto a plate and digging in. You don't want to burn your mouth while it's piping hot.

Or, if burning your mouth seems like a really good idea to you you just can't wait, don't tip it out onto a plate and plop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it instead. It's a substantial cake, so it can take the moisture of the ice cream.

It's enough for two people to share, or for one really greedy person to enjoy in the privacy of her own kitchen. I'll let you figure out which one it was for me.

Dammit.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • God Almighty, but you have me slavering doon my shirt as I'm reading this.

    Time for a drap of tea and a currant stottie, methinks.

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 6:37 AM  

  • Haute cuisine lives!

    We have Pot Noodle, which tastes of chemicals and elastic bands. And Marmite, which smells like used underpants.

    We are the kings of instant cuisine.

    By Blogger garfer, At 3:40 PM  

  • Oh, good lord, why did I read this? I have now transferred that recipe to my binder in the kitchen, to be on hand at all times....

    Curses! I need this like another hole in my head...

    Can't wait to try it! I LUV chocolate...

    By Blogger Ponita in Real Life, At 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home