Peevish

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Flatulent Canines

There is no odor as noxious as dog farts, and this is coming from a woman who has changed many a diaper in her day. My younger dog, Zippy, is capable of clearing a room in under 3 seconds. This dog is FOUL!!! His gastrointestinal tract could be classified as a deadly weapon - instead of mustard gas, there'd be Zippy gas.

Can you tell I'm lacking inspiration? I believe I'm going to bed now. When one starts rhapsodizing about the quality of one's dog's odorific emissions, I think it's time to hang it up for the night.

Bonne nuit a tous. I live for the day when I figure out how to do accents over my letters...

2 Comments:

  • It sounds like you haven't seen the movie "Un long dimanche de fiancailles" yet! You will love it! Not only is it an absolutely wonderful tearjerker of a French film, but there's a running joke about dog farts. The aunt in the movie (with whom our heroine lives) always says "Dog farts gladden my heart" whenever the dog in the house farts. (Alas, I can't remember what she said in french, darnit!!). It came out in 2002 but is only now reaching the theater here in Charleston-- are you guys lucky enough to have a theater in Wilmington that will show art house stuff?

    And btw, you have GOT to get down here to visit sometime!
    -
    Melanie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:44 PM  

  • It is not anonymous, it is me, Liz, from I Speak of Dreams.

    I came by from #2 Pencil's post, and kept reading (about the "level playing field"-- this is right up there with "facilitated communication" for kids w/profound retardation/down's) -- if you haven't seen it yet do visit the Tard Blog (http://www.tard-blog.com/) and Slow Children at Play (http://www.slowchildren-atplay.com/). Are the EduIdioten smoking the wacky tabaccy?)

    I was taking care of a friend's dog, Charlie, last weekend. I am not sure what it was, it might have been the cat food he helped himself to, but OMG, I WOKE UP at 3:21 am, gagging.

    The next night I woke up because Charlie and my dog had a loud discussion over who got the dog bed. Jeez.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home