Peevish

Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday on my mind

It's Friday, and it couldn't have come too soon! I have sooo much to do this weekend, that I doubt I'll have time to blog, so here goes nothing:

I have to take my daugher to her friend's birthday party tomorrow at the Deptford Mall. I'll be traveling into South Jersey, the veritable heart of darkness, to go to Friendly's and Build-a-Bear for this party. The last party I went to was at Gymboree with about 20 little kids running amok. Kids parties are such a make-or-break part of parenting now! I had a really small one for Rhiannon, just her and her best friend, but suddenly, everyone and their sister is inviting her to these massive birthday shindigs. I swear, I'll have to take out a loan for her next party if things keep inflating like this! Whatever happened to cake and ice cream followed by your parents putting on music and playing "dance fever 1977?" I'm going to fail, comparatively, as a parent if I don't keep up. Story of my life, actually, but I digress...

Sunday is all about the errands, as usual. I always go to the supermarket Sunday mornings, prompting the Mister to observe that I must be a "Marketarian." I am. Devout. Then the usual round of laundry, - Mount Washmore awaits me in Rhiannon's room - cleaning, and grading papers. Ugh. If I'm lucky, I might get to read another book.

I just started the most recent Myth book by Robert Asprin and Jody Lynn Nye. My friend Jeremy got me hooked on these books back in 1984 and I've been a fan ever since. I can't remember the title, but it's the one with the Wuhses in it. Now if I can only summon up the energy to get through this weekend... I'm such a Wuhs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home