Peevish

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Snow Day!!!

I love snow days! I get to hang around the house, catch up on unfinished projects, and read trashy romance novels. It started snowing in Delaware at about 9 am, while I was on my way from Wilmington to Middletown to pick up my daughter. She had spent two days at my mother's house, and I wanted to get her home before the snow started. Driving down there wasn't bad, but coming back was crazy! The visibility was down to about a quarter-mile, and the snow was covering the roadway. Crossing the St. George's bridge was a nerve-wracking experience, to be sure.

We holed up inside today and watched the snow fall. I dusted my furniture and shined my sink, and am steadily plowing through a mountain of laundry. I've drunk a pot of tea (Earl Grey, hot) and have lit fragrant candles (sugar cookie! yum!) I'm halfway through a Lindsey Davis book (one of her Falco series - not trashy, but fun just the same) and have one more to go. My baby is playing with her dolls right next to me, chattering away, inventing dialogues and intrigues for her Barbies. The Mister is on his laptop, practically begging me to whup his butt in online Scrabble (which I'll do after I put the baby to bed - both play and whup). Truly, this is pretty much perfect for me. And to think - I have one, potentially two, more days of this. Hope I don't run out of books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home