Peevish

Friday, January 21, 2005

What will their narrow little minds think of next?

So what are the Conservative Christian groups going to do next? Check this out (from iVillage.com:

Family values are going a little too far, people: Conservative Christian groups have issued a gay warning about a music video starring SpongeBob SquarePants. The video is made by the We Are Family Foundation, which encourages tolerance and diversity. The video, which shows SpongeBob, Barney, Winnie the Pooh and the Rugrats, remakes the 1979 disco hit “We Are Family.”

Oh, for cying out loud. Next thing you know, Winnie and Piglet will "outed" and we'll hear a call to boycott them, too. I don't care for SpongeBob, but this is just wrong.

4 Comments:

  • Attacking SpongeBob is a transparent fundraising ploy.

    "Scandalous behavior is rapidly destroying American Christianity. By their daily activity, most "Christians" regularly commit treason. With their mouths they claim that Jesus is Lord, but with their actions they demonstrate allegiance to money, sex, and self-fulfillment."

    Read the entire article at
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/bc/2005/001/3.8.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:48 PM  

  • I wish I knew who you were, Anonymous, so I could thank you!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 8:43 AM  

  • as the gadflyer said it best:

    "First they came for Tinky Winky, and I did not speak up, because I couldn't stand the Teletubbies. Then they came for Spongebob, and I did not speak up, because I thought he was overexposed anyway. Then when Kermit the Frog and Snuffelupagus kidnapped me and I woke up in a leather bar wearing chaps, there was no one left to speak for me..."

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 9:27 AM  

  • Thank me by continuing the blog. Happy snow-day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home