Peevish

Thursday, February 03, 2005

the Iggles

So I live in the tiny state of Delaware, which has no pro football team. We root for the Philadelphia Eagles around here. My family, being mostly from Pennsylvania, pronounces the team's name as "Thee Iggles." Look for us then, on Sunday, to be cheering our brains out for the Filulfia Iggles.

Personally, I think the Patriots have a decent shot at taking this one. Brady looked on top form last game. I usually only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. Last year's commercials were not up to par. I'm hoping they improve this year.

4 Comments:

  • According to the Wall Street Journal, the commercials should be safe this year. Nobody wants to be this year's Janet Jackson.

    The Nation is just now recovering from the shock of seeing her private part.

    GO BIRDS!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:52 PM  

  • You know, that didn't bother me. I couldn't be less bothered about Janet Jackson's left breast. I was surprised, but not offended like so many other people. I wasn't offended by the TO/Nicolette Sheridan lead-in to Monday Night Football, either. Not a big deal.

    Anyway - I'm more interested in the commercials than in the halftime show (which I rarely watch, anyway). Clever advertising is always appreciated chez moi.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 7:46 AM  

  • i have a friend who just got married to a rabbi. last year my wife and i were invited to their superbowl party and we quickly determined that we were the only non-clergy in the room.

    did i mention the hosts had tivo? well, they did

    anyway, when the half-time show came, i had the surreal experience of watching janet's boob again and again surrounded by a bunch of rabbis

    i feel like there should be a punchline but that's it

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 1:43 PM  

  • Jerm,

    I don't think that one needs a punchline. The image is priceless!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home