Peevish

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Idolize this

This season, I've really gotten into American Idol. It was never a really big thing for me before - I used to watch the first few episodes to hear all of the people who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket get insulted by Simon.

This year, however, I fell under its spell. Two weeks ago, I was heartbroken when Nadia was voted off. She rocks! Last week, my heart completely cracked in two when Anwar left. Such an amazing voice on that man, and he's totally easy on the eyes. So, I'm not really heavily invested in anyone this week.

That being said, I really want to weigh in on this week's performances. I think this week's standouts were Vonzelle and Anthony. Yes, Anthony. Vonzelle's performance gave me goosebumps, especially when she hit the bridge. Scott was not so good, and surprisingly, neither were Constantine or Bo. To give him credit, though, the lyrics to Bo's song really said it all about him "I don't want to be anyone other than what I've been trying to be lately." I can totally buy that. Carrie was consistent - it was a good performance.

Who do I want to go home this week? Scott. I've been wanting him to go home for ages. I hope that this time it's for real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home