Peevish

Friday, April 15, 2005

Oh, I get it now...

Fifteenish years after trying to read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and putting it down in perplexity, I picked it back up yesterday. I was at home with my poor sick Peanut, so what better to do than read? After all, the movie is coming out soon, and I want to be among the festive throng flocking to the theater to shout "42!"

I finished the book at about 5 pm yesterday, having been interrupted to take a 4-hour nap with the poor sick Peanut. (I love naptime. I truly do.) And I get it.

I don't know for the life of me why I didn't get it the first time, or more precisely, why I couldn't get into it the first time. It's a hilarious book. I mean, who could possibly not love the names Zaphod Beeblebrox or Slartibartfast? (Especially someone burdened with a moniker like mine?) Or the subtle twist on the mice in mazes? Or Marvin the depressed robot?

I guess I'll have to continue the series now. Oh goody, more books!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home