Peevish

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hey, Elmer, can I borrow your bazooka?

Shhhh! I'm wooking for a wubber duckie!

Miss Peanut wants one thing, and one thing only for her birthday - a giant rubber duckie. So today, I hunted duckies. Bed, Bath, and Beyond did not have the duckie. Bath and Body Works were sold out of the giant duckie, too. Nowhere could I find the duckie. Duck, duck, duck I muttered all day, sounding like Rainman Mommy. Soon, I was muttering a word that rhymes with duck as I couldn't find a damn Giant Rubber freaking Duckie!!!

In desperation, I turned to my friend the Internet, and have come to the following conclusion:

Rubber duckies are the next big thing. Move over Martha, Miss Peanut is the next maven of home decor.

Seriously! Have you ever seen a Mr. T rubber duckie? I have, my friends. I have. And it is not a pretty sight. I pity da fool that floats the Mr. T duckie.

There are Dead Ducks, Devil Ducks, Big Ducks, Celebriducks... you name it, they have the duck for it.

Get this - there's even a vibrator that looks just like an innocent rubber duckie. That puts a new spin on my old pal Ernie's bathtime tune. Yeah, rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you, too!

There is even a rubber duckie convention. I kid you not, people. Crazy! Who wants to donate air miles so I can fly to Duckfest 2005, in Irvine, California with my new adult rubber duckie?

3 Comments:

  • ?????

    I thought Lebowski-fest was pushing the limits of wierdness.....

    By Blogger 21meteorstreet, At 4:37 PM  

  • *blushing* I was going to suggest Spencer Gifts but I think I'll use the ones that you've come up with.:)

    By Blogger EdWonk, At 10:31 PM  

  • So funny and timely...I had my first baby shower last Friday with about 20 of the (mostly older) ladies from my hometown church back up in Maine and was really surprised at the sheer number of duckie items received. We figured it must be the new thing. Probably at least 1/3 of all the baby clothes I received have duckies on them in some fashion. I cooed over each one (they really were some of the cutest things EVER!) and someone eventually asked "So did you tell people you were doing your nursery in a duckie theme??" "NO!" was my reply! But I suppose I might as well be now! I suspect part of the issue was that I'm not finding out what Muppet's gender is, so duckies tend to be one of the common gender-neutral themes as far as clothing goes. That and teddy bears which I also find adorable. One of the first baby things I bought myself was a super-cute handcrafted duckie hooded towel-- check out the woman's website here-- http://justpeachyponchos.com/ -- who knows, might be up lil' Peanut's alley. ;-)
    I just can't believe they make their full line of towels in adult sizes too...

    In the meantime, I hope you were able to find Miss Peanut her giant Duckie!!

    -
    Melanie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home