Peevish

Monday, June 11, 2007

In which some of my worry is alleviated

Ok, so I sent a lengthy email to the Superintendent of my school district, as well as putting in a phone call to his office with a request to call me and let me know what was going on with my job before the close of business today.

Being a kind and considerate man, he called me back today and let me know what was happening with my job.

I will be moving completely out of my current building and completely into the IB high school.

While I cannot pretend to be sad about leaving a building that is marked by infighting, chaos, and snark, I am very sad about leaving some of the people I worked with there. The group of dedicated teachers that I used to hang with - some of the finest I've worked with anywhere - will, no doubt, be gracious and welcoming to my replacement. (I heard that the split-time position will be taken by someone with less tenure. Tenure's a nice thing to have in situations like this one.) This is the kind of people that they are.

I can only hope to find a similar crew at the new school. One thing I am looking forward to is seeing all those familiar faces. Since I've already taught many of the kids that are going to be in my classes, I won't have too many surprises. I hope that some of them have grown up a tad in the interval (boys. ugh). I hope others haven't changed too much, because they were awesome.

Well, I'm going to be a high school teacher now. I spent 10 years at middle school, maybe I can spend 10 years at high school.

6 Comments:

  • I can't say I'm sad.
    But I can't say I'm happy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:18 AM  

  • What can you say, then?

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 4:47 PM  

  • Hooray for not having to split between schools. I'm sure it's bittersweet to leave your current place, but you've done it before and at least it's not far away (and as you say, some kids will be the same at first). They don't happen to need a German teacher, do they? Teaching with you would SOOOO rock! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:55 PM  

  • What classes will you be teaching?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:22 AM  

  • Right now, I don't know. Probably 9th & 10th grade (French 1, 1-3, 2, and maybe 3). There's still some speculation that the French teacher who was there last year (and obviously, I don't want to put her name here because of privacy concerns) might be back in some capacity (that half-time thing that I was worried about, probably), but as of yet, all of that is still speculative.

    By the way, anonymous, are you the same anonymous? And if you'd like to email me and get the full(er) scoop, you may do that.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 5:12 PM  

  • No, but I'll be doing that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home