Peevish

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rantings

Does anyone but me find Sarah Silverman to be a complete twatwaffle? I can't stand watching so much as the commercials for her TV show, much less the show itself.

The Gap - hello? WHY have you redesigned the only pair of jeans that I've ever loved and put that f%^&ing stretch into them? I HATE stretch jeans. I hate them with the burning passion of 1000 white-hot suns. Why, you ask, do I hate stretch jeans? Because. For years, I had to wear clothing with lycra so that my ginormous arse would fit into them. Now, when I don't need the lycra to fit into a size 6, they stick it into my clothes anyway. Stretch, to me, feels like cheating. And, Gap? I have another peeve with you - you put the stretch into every style but the Curvy style. Um, @$$holes? Curvy girls need the stretch more than those of us with no arse to speak of, mkay? Cut the stretch out of my jeans and pour it into the curvy jeans. Beyotches.

This thing I do every day? Teaching? It is hard. Not in the sense of being unpleasant, because it's rarely that (I had a wonderful class today during second period - remind me to tell you about it sometime), but that the planning is excruciating. I have new preps - I haven't taught French 2 & 3 in years, so my materials are kind of outdated. Plus, the last time I taught these preps, it was at the University level, where I was teaching it in half the time to semi-responsible pseudo-adults. Obviously, I need to create some more depth in those plans. And then, there are some frustrations with teaching that I cannot express here, as there are sometimes students who read here. And that is another rant for another forum.

Let me tell you another thing - I have a problem. I think it's related to all the damn weight I've lost (which is now about 145 pounds, nearly half my starting body weight). It's thankfully not anything like alcoholism or drug addiction, or shopping to excess - although the WCM would disagree with that assertion - but it's a problem. Or, rather, they are a problem: men. How do you handle them (no double entendre intended)? When they flirt with you? When they're married, too? How does one handle that? It's been a very long time since I've been properly flirted with, so I don't know how well I'm picking up signals. And then, I sometimes don't know what to do with the signals once they've been received - because some of them are broadcast LOUD and CLEAR, if you know what I mean. Some of them I can just ignore, and though I am rarely a total bitch, some of them I can just shut down.

And then, how am I supposed to handle it when I don't particularly want to shut them down? For I have discovered (lo! she hath discovered!) that I am entirely human, complete with inappropriate urges and desires. Dammit. I guess I have to dig up my moral compass and hope it works better than Jack Sparrow's.

Although, if Jack Sparrow came 'a-callin', I'd be off like a shot. Just sayin'

2 Comments:

  • OMG Sarah Silverman drives me insane. My skin crawls every time I hear her annoying voice.

    And I am LOL at the stretch not in the curvy jeans - I am TWO sizes bigger in the curvy ones. Ok wait, maybe I like the stretch in the smaller ones.

    By Blogger Sharon, At 1:51 PM  

  • 1. Congrats on the weight loss!

    2. Hate Sara Silverman. I want to like her, because I see what her schtick is, but it just doesn't work for me.

    However, did you happen to catch any of Bob Saget's HBO stand up show? Never, ever, ever seen anything worse. For some reason it actually made me appreciate Sara Silverman more.

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, At 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home