Peevish

Monday, March 03, 2008

If I suddenly disappear, you should know...

My husband is trying to kill me, y'all. I swear, it's an insidious plot to give me a heart attack.

He comes home tonight all cheerful, and the very first words out of his mouth were "you know, I forgot to tell you before I left this morning, but you look wonderful today."

Y'all, I nearly dropped dead right there in the kitchen. I can recall only 2 other times in my nearly 18 years of marriage to this man that he's spontaneously complimented me on anything, much less on my appearance.

There are only two explanations for his behavior - one: he's trying to kill me; two: he wants something.

I wonder what he wants?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Wow-- that's impressive! Even my Jeffie, who is a good bit less stingy with compliments than the WCM, hasn't said anything approaching that in ages. Congrats! Maybe he's been eyeing some new power tools at Home Depot??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:47 PM  

  • He's obviously having an affair, or he's about to announce that he's gay.

    Or he's secretly booked a two week vacation in Bermuda.

    By Blogger garfer, At 9:52 PM  

  • Mel - if he wanted 'em, he'd buy 'em. I don't know what's up with him...

    Garfy - you could be right. Either way ;-) But not about Bermuda. The WCM hates sunshine.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 8:07 AM  

  • He's banging a trilobite. Getting a little exoskeleton on the side.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home