Peevish

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Luxury

So you know those three pounds that plagued me last week? Well, they're gone. They took a friend or two with them, too. They really made me think, those three pounds did.

See, here's the thing: for all of my life, losing weight has been a battle. I'd have to gear up, mentally prepare, consult experts, and map out a plan of attack. Then, there would be the launch of "the DIET," where the initial reward would be good, but the stall would inevitably occur at 30 pounds lost (yeah, I was seriously, extremely, VERY overweight) and stay there. Forever.

Now, for three days, I stopped eating all the extra sugar and carbs I was cramming into my piehole (candy, cookies, toast with lemon curd) and the three pounds are history. It seems too simple, somehow. Where are the plans? Where is the arduous mental battle? Where is the overwhelming fatigue and disappointment? Nowhere, it seems...

It made me think about possibly losing those other 6-8 pounds I have hanging around - my fat security blanket, if you will. I'm perfectly happy where I am right now, don't get me wrong. But, I now have the luxury of being able to say "you know, I could lose those last couple of pounds." It seems almost decadent that losing those couple of pounds could be so damn easy.

You watch, though. They won't budge now that they've heard me talk about them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home