Peevish

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Whoopsie daisy!

Ok, so I have this class - it's a very nice class - and we are working on direct and indirect object pronouns. These students are all upperclassmen and the class is predominantly composed of boys. Many of these young men are, well, perverts. ;-)

I had them writing answers on the board for a few sentences, but that got cumbersome, so I told one of my young men that he didn't have to write the answer on the board. Instead he could just "give it to me orally."

Can I tell you how long it took to calm the class down after that? Fully 5 minutes. I was blushing, too, because whooooooo! That was unintended!!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Oh that's rich. You wanna hear another one? (Ironically by another french teacher-- she told me at a workshop recently).

    Madame is going around the room asking questions, notices a kid chewing gum and picks up the trash can, leans over to him and says "All right Roland. It's your choice: Ya gonna spit or swallow?"

    ROFL! :-)
    I love teaching.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:44 PM  

  • I wish you Yankees wouldn't insist on calling school kids 'stoodents'

    They are not students, they are semi house trained acne spotted liitle herberts, hence their puerile penchant for lame double entendres.

    By Blogger garfer, At 3:22 PM  

  • Garfer, you do realise that our puerile penchant for lame double entendres is what makes us British.

    Give it to me orally, is of course a classic.

    By Blogger Herge Smith, At 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home