Peevish

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Off to the Frozen North!

I'm away to the Canada!

One of the few perks of being a teacher in an International Baccalaureate school is the opportunity to travel to conferences on how to teach effectively in this milieu. As I've only taught the middle grades in this system, I'm now going to be trained in teaching the upper grades. As I teach French, I chose training located in scenic and fashionable Montreal, Quebec, where ze frenchies are still prezent!

I get to go with my Principal - he seems fairly cool for an administrator - and with one of the middle school French teachers. I think we'll have a great time kicking back after the conference sessions are through for the day.

Have fun without me!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • without you? they have the internet in quebec, you know. i've blogged from there, and i managed to blog from israel, egypt, lithuania, latvia, estonia, syria, lebanon, the netherlands, france, and uzbekistan. and if i had a blog back then, i would have blogged from sicily, tunisia, mali and vietnam as well (i used the internet in all those places). hell, even timbuktu had high speed internet when i visited eight years ago.

    i mean, don't blog if you don't feel like it. but that's my advice even if you're at home. being away isn't really an excuse in and of itself.

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 9:59 PM  

  • Listen reet.. break the habit of a lifetime, wear some undies. I hear it's cold in certain parts!

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 1:28 PM  

  • so jealous... have fun!!

    By Blogger might I add...?, At 4:58 PM  

  • Awww, man! You didn't tell me you were going to Montreal!!! Dang, woman! Have you been there before? Lovely place! Local specialties: smoked meat, beaver tails (those are more an Ottawa thing, but I think you can get them in Montreal) and of course, poutine. I happen to think poutine is pretty disgusting, but my dear husband lives for it.

    Enjoy your trip, my dear, and who knows, maybe you'll have a new baby boyfriend when you get back! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:22 PM  

  • But what about your Infomaniac debut on Sunday?

    Melstra's right. You must try the poutine.

    By Blogger The Mistress, At 1:18 PM  

  • Poutine.... yum! Smoked meat... yum! Beaver tails... also yum!

    Montreal is a fantastic city. Hope you had fun!

    And Jimmy is right... it is still cold so undies are in order. ;-)

    By Blogger Ponita in Real Life, At 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home