Peevish

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

And the award of Mother of the Year goes to...

We had another Mother of the Year moment in the car the other day.

You have to understand that, for years, I eschewed every form of Country music, and have only recently come to embrace a few songs from that genre. On my iPod, there are currently 6 country songs, one of which is the adorably saucy "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson.

Now, I am about as far from the Redneck Woman as you can come without actually being a Republican conservative stuffy boring. I do, however, deeply admire the "in-your-face" attitude of the song, and while I don't "know all the words to every Ol' Bocephus" song, it comes up on my playlist quite frequently. I especially love the part when she asks for a "Hell Yeah" from all her other Redneck Girls.

Apparently, this is the part that Miss Peanut loves too, as she added her own "Hell Yeah" from the backseat yesterday, leaving me in mortified hysterics.

It seems to be a trend in young(ish) motherhood, though. I'm just teaching my child culturally inappropriate phrases, when I could be teaching her all manner of curse words, just like my friend Portuguesa Nova. Granted, she had provocation, and Matilda probably won't absorb it all... probably...

I'll let y'all decide who gets the statuette this year. Hell yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home