Peevish

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Sports & Target

So, I've never been all that good at sports...

(that's called an understatement, folks)

I played in a charity softball game this morning. I was up to bat 3 times, and managed to get a hit all three times, but only got on base once. I was tagged out at third. If I had ever learned to slide, I'd have been safe, but I don't slide.

One small hiccup - one of my colleagues keeps dropping innuendoes about me and the work husband. Now, this just bugs me, as the work husband and I are flirtatious, but strictly platonic. We're both married to other people - in my case, for 17.5 years. Schools are very dangerous places for rumors like that to start flying around, what with the fertile young minds picking up on things, so let me be ever so clear here: there is nothing going on between me and the work husband, and nothing ever likely to happen. We both had to tell this colleague to STFU about it already. I hope she can.

Anyhow, even though I'm not a natural athlete...

Sorry, had to stop laughing... Christ, that was funny...

Right. So, not ever having enjoyed physical exertion of any sort (well, one sort, but we never did that in gym class!), I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed the whole running around and swinging a bat thing. I can't catch for shit, but since they only allowed me one inning in the field (Bless 'em!), it wasn't really an issue. My favorite position - benchwarmer - was just fine with me.

I went and pampered the heck out of myself afterward - manicure & pedicure, shopping... Good stuff. You've gotta love Target - where else can you buy a new dress (cute!), a fireplace grate & screen, a tablecloth, and a tomato and goat cheese pizza all under the same roof? That pizza was totally yummy!

So, home again and time for projects: I cleaned all the ash out of the fireplace, scrubbed it down, put the new grate in, piled the FIOS receiver & DVD/VCR, and wireless router in on top of it, and slammed the new screen in front of it. It looks fan-freaking-tastic. I've straightened all kinds of stuff up, mopped, dusted, and generally been uncharacteristically clean. I've gotten a momentary handle on my dirt problem. Not to worry, though, it'll be back tomorrow.

I'm watching Elizabethtown, ogling Orlando Bloom (oh godohgodohgod, is he delicious!), and counting the minutes until Graham Norton is on, 'cause Dawn French is his guest tonight, and I love her.

babbling now. night night!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home