Peevish

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Yet another reason to love my husband

Now, I give my husband a fair bit of shit here. I call him names - the World's Cheapest Man - accuse him of having a potty mouth, and generally mock him for his insensitivity and stodginess. What can I say - he's a salt of the earth kind of guy.

He's been on my last nerve for the last month, just sitting there and gleefully plucking it like a guitar string about every little thing he could possibly find - all because he lives to irritate me. I've been looking forward to this last weekend like crazy, since he was going to be gone for the whole weekend, my mom was taking my daughter, and I would have some precious alone-time. It was blissful, true.

So, it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I came back home tonight after Miss Peanut's swimming lessons to find him back home at last. I will admit to a bit of dread, even, that the peaceful harmony of my weekend was over. Well, the man has redeemed himself:

He brought home one dozen glazed Krispy Kreme donuts.

I love him. I love him. I love him.

I have already eaten three, warmed ever so slightly in the microwave, and am currently basking in the afterglow. Don't speak. Just don't say a word.

Mmmmmmmmm.

3 Comments:

  • Well, that's sixty zillion calories.

    By Blogger garfer, At 8:51 AM  

  • Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, look who's back!!! Welcome back, Garfy!

    Only about 30 zillion calories, actually.

    Oh, and I lost a pound this morning - nyah nyah!

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 9:34 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home