Peevish

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mothers...

So yesterday, I was having a really great time with a class that is usually prone to discipline problems. Since I am an educator, I differentiated my instruction and had three different activities going on at once. It was working, too! Even the noisiest kid, a hulking Senior football player, was intensely involved in learning. Bliss.

You can imagine, then, how irritated I was when an announcement came over the loudspeaker that was only intended for one classroom, but was piped to all of them. We all hushed expectantly, as these announcements are usually important, requiring evacuation or lockdowns. Here it was:

Principal "Attention, room 213, please pay attention to this very important announcement."

Random Mother* "I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my Baby Boy, Barney*, 'cause it's his birthday and I didn't get to wish him a Happy Birthday before he left the house this morning. Happy Birthday baby! I love you and you are special."

After the shock induced by this nauseatingly saccharine announcement wore off, my hulking Senior best expressed our group disgust with the following:

"Oh. NO. That is just about the most pointless thing I have ever shut my mouth for."

Indeed, hulking Senior. Indeed.


*names changed to protect the moronic.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • A lockdown with a hulking senior football player sounds painful.

    I'd educate armed if I were you.

    By Blogger garfer, At 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home