Peevish

Friday, October 12, 2007

Size WHAT??!!!

So earlier on this week, I ranted about the Gap and their propensity to stick Stretch in where it doesn't belong. I railed! I fumed! I fulminated!

I caved.

I bought a new pair of jeans from the Gap. And why, do you ask? Why did I break down and buy these blasphemously stretchy jeans?

Because they're a size 4. Vanity, thy name is mine.

I figured, though, that because they were from the Gap, who are infamous for their vanity sizing, that I'd still be a six everywhere else.

Oho! Not so!

Indeed, just today, the size four-ness of my ass was confirmed by a lovely pair of hunter green cotton twill trousers at New York and Company. Of course I bought them, and a lovely green and white striped top to match them. And yes, as a matter of fact, they were horizontal stripes.

Now, folks, given that I started this whole weight loss deal at a size 24 (yes, that's not a typo, a size twenty-four), a size 4 is what I call a Big Fucking Deal (sorry for the profanity, Dad. I really had to go there).

Thank you for sharing in my BFD. Now, if only I could find the perfect hunter green suede pumps to complete my outfit...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home