Peevish

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dad, Incognito

My father is akin to a deer in the headlights when it comes to technology. Luddites look upon him with fond condescention. Yet, he usually gives pretty good advice.

Going incognito was his suggestion, although the way he made it was precious. You see, he'd heard a radio program which extolled the perils of posting personal information on such interfaces as "MySpace" or "Facebook" and how such information could be viewed unfavorably by prospective employers and such. I agree with him, basically. He knows I have a blog, and did indeed stumble upon it at its last address. He cautioned me to:

"be careful about what you put on that MyFace thing you have."

Yes, Dad. I'll be careful about what I put on MyFace.

Such a sweetie.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • maybe he thought you used this blogging platform.

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 4:16 PM  

  • Now, c'mon. Believe me when I say that my dad's about as technologically aware as the average Shaker. Bless him.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 5:00 PM  

  • i dunno. he could be a technical wiz who is deep undercover.

    By Blogger upyernoz, At 5:32 PM  

  • Waaaaay deep. The man did not own a microwave oven until about 5 years ago. Similarly, cable television. DVD player? What's that? TiVO? iPod?

    Granted, he does email now. And I got him an iPod for Christmas last year. He's marginally plugged in, but technical wiz? Naw, dude, naw.

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home