Peevish

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Vampires and Lycanthropes and Psychics, Oh My!

I've been incommunicado this week, largely thanks to my friend Sara and her THREE ginormous shopping bags of paperback novels. See, Sara and I have similar reading tastes. We like reading paranormal romances, hence the title of this post. So far this Spring Break, I've read all about Witches and Demons - the latter having a penchant for BDSM sex... Also? Some great vampire reads, full of adventure, pathos, and hot burning passion! Some biting, too, to which I, personally, am not averse. I've read about psychics, all different kinds, and the things they can do to others' minds - and bodies. Ahem. Is it getting warm in here? Just me? Okay then...

The thing is, I've been so busy reading my books because they are my escape. Escape from whom? My family. Where's my family during this Spring Break, you ask? They are planted in the same small house as me, driving me batshit insane.

My family, though I love them dearly, when in constant contact with me, are as grating on my nerves as a cheese shredder. They are like having a constant wedgie - annoying and up your butt 'round the clock, and you can only get temporary relief from it. I've barricaded myself in the bathroom a couple of times - thank you bubble bath! - just to get some peace. Truly, I will be happy when school starts again and the WCM goes back to work, too.

I need a vacation from them.

But enough of my whinging - I've got books to read!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • See, I told you you should have headed down here for a bit of a break! We could have ensconsed you in a quiet room all day long (while we were working) with BBC America to tide you over when you didn't feel like reading. And then I'd come home after school and we could...I dunno...bake or something. Too bad break's almost over for ya. ;-)

    (Sounds like the books were a lot of fun though!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home