Peevish

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Peanut Prose

My daughter, Miss Peanut, has been coming out with all kinds of funny stuff recently. Oddly enough, I often hear my own words coming out of her mouth. I guess I can't say she never listens to me, huh? She hears me all right.

So yesterday, we were getting ready to go to a birthday party. Miss Peanut had been parading her various sartorial choices past me, checking for my opinion. She decided on a pink dress with a cupcake print (gotta love Gymboree), pink socks, and white sneakers. When asked for my opinion, I said "Looks cute. How about a necklace, too?" Her hand fluttered up to her throat in that quintessentially feminine way, as she said "Oh! Good call!" and whirled around back to her room to further bedeck herself.

Earlier this week, I'd gotten a cryptic behavior report from her teacher, stating that there was a "kicking incident" between Miss Peanut and another student. When I asked her about it, she said that when they were sitting "criss-cross applesauce" (this is the modern PC euphemism for what we all called "Indian-style") one of the boys accidentally kicked her when he was getting up. She further elaborated, saying "and I accidentally forgot and kicked him back."

There's been other stuff, too, but these little PeanutBytes come so fast and furious that I can't remember them all. She's growing up, that's for sure!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Treasure her while she is still so young.

    It's not quite as cute when they ring you at 4am and inform you that they may have accidently parked your car in a lake.

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home