Peevish

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Boyfriend

I've had a boyfriend for a while now.

Don't wig out - my husband knows! He even thinks my boyfriend's adorable. He is, too. He's three years old and lives with one of my best friends (who happens to be his mother, see). His name is Max and he's just been introduced to someone new - his baby brother.

Max, I have news for you, boyfriend. This squawking little blanket burrito will completely change your life. He will drive you nuts, yet at the very same time, can be your best friend and biggest ally in the world. You will share a lot: clothes, toys, parents, to be sure, but also the family slang and inside jokes that you will have a large part in teaching him. Oh, I didn't tell you that yet! You get to teach this little critter, this baby brother, all of that stuff. You have now gained some responsibility.

Yours is a very important role, Max! You are the BIG brother. I'll bet you're more apt to be the voice of reason in this duo than the one who charges headlong into trouble. I'm also pretty sure you'll receive your share of hero-worship, noogies, wedgies, and flying tackles. You'll also get a friend for life, a partner in crime, and someone to watch your back from here on out.

In short, Max, you've got a brother. Treat him well.

(PS - hi Robbie!!!! Can't wait to finally meet you in person, pal! And you know everything I just said to Max? Goes double for you, shorty. Oh, and your job as the little brother? Why, to give your big brother hell, of course!)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • ....and here was me thinking I was the only boyfriend in your life!

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 5:41 AM  

  • Nah, I'm a great big slut, Jimmy! I like to spread the love...

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 10:44 AM  

  • Holy Mary.. so it is true what's written on the wall in the gentlemans sit down area of the Cleddens?

    Who would have thunk it?

    By Blogger Barlinnie, At 12:01 PM  

  • My, I am impressed - my reknown stretches far and wide. Ahem. No comparisons, please...

    By Blogger Peevish McSnark, At 12:30 PM  

  • Awwwww, thanks for such a sweet post!! Robbie and Max are going to love seeing you soon too!! Let's work out when! Max is a little nonplussed by the whole situation right now but I know he'll love being a big brother once he realizes all it entails. :-)

    Robbie will send more loveletters soon. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home