Peevish

Monday, March 31, 2008

Detritus

Being a bit of a packrat by nature, I've become accustomed to sorting through the piles of detritus that seem to collect on my desk on a quarterly basis - usually on the teacher's work day, like today, when I'm at work without students.

Today, I came across a paper from about 3 years ago that I was writing on during a Professional Development day (and passing to my neighbor, because, yes, we're still that immature that we pass notes). It made me absolutely laugh out loud (OMG, I LOLed!) because it reads like a student note. I'll try to reproduce it for you here... not that you care, but I'd like to remember this paper but at the same time, I'd like to throw it away!

...Estaba en el supermercando cuando Miss Peanut vió los donuts...
(fuck it, I'm doing this in English)
...saw the donuts. So she wanted a donut, but couldn't get the glass door open.

So, just like Dora, she stood back and shouted the magic word "ABRE" at the glass-fronted donut display case.

J'étais dans le supermarché quand
The Montréalais are truly bilingual
Can this get any more boring?
Hey! My pencil is from Montréal!

My ASS IS FALLING ASLEEP!

This is a fucking HARD STOOL!

Ok, you might not find this funny, but anyone who's ever been stuck in a Professional Development day with "experts" telling you what to do might appreciate it. Or not.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home